If you're like me, there's a mountain of cotton fabric scraps littering the spare bedroom that are a bit too small to sew anything significant. Here's a solution...new underwear! If you put your mind to it, you'll have a drawer full by the end of the day. (Good thought for Valentine's Day coming up soon)
I've drafted a pattern for you to use (please, for personal use only!) in a Medium. My model is a size 10 Australian (US 8) and simply enlarge or reduce the pattern to suit your size
No excuses. Go ahead and print out the pattern, cut out the fabric, sew it all together and then sit on it!
Download Front.pdf Download Back.pdf
You will need approximately 40cm (16") fabric, soft underwear elastic, pins, scissors, sewing machine, lace and ribbon
1. Print out the supplied pdf and sticky tape together using cross hares as reference to line up
2. Place pattern on fold and cut out fabric. Use Lining pattern for crotch
3. Place front and back right sides together at crotch. Then pin crotch lining to front. Sew and trim*. Iron seam and turn crotch to back
4. Sew side seams together
5. Finish outer edges with over locker or zig zag and sew on lace
6. Cut elastic to suit your measurements. The medium uses 74cm (29") for the waist and 56cm (22") for the leg
7. Sew elastic ends together, overlapping 15mm (1/2"). Place a pin at quarter intervals and then pin onto fabric for even distribution. Sew zig zag 15mm (1/2") from edge, stretching elastic as you go
8. Hand sew little ribbons at the top of leg
* 10mm (1/2") seams have been allowed. Finish all seams
Don't miss any Go Make Me projects, follow on Bloglovin'